Ali Tarraf is the lead data scientist and associate consultant at Mindsets, a strategy and decision advisory firm. Ali develops data to decision models to empower business decisions across the logistics, retail, manufacturing, healthcare and financial industry in the MENA region. Ali has 10 years of experience in manufacturing and Internet Of Things (IOT) solutions across West Africa and USA. He is currently actively pursuing research in Artificial Intelligence technology in partnership with AUB, and working his way towards earning a Deep Learning specialization certificate from Coursera/Stanford.
Leading a team of engineers and businesss consultant in Beirut, and Cairo to create measurable business value from the wealth of enterprise and public government data.
- Developed a routing optimization software for logistics delivery companies that saved 15% in processing time
- Developed the data to decision practice business model, and launched business development initiatives in the MENA region
As a design engineer working on power generation machinery:
- Designed a 45 inches diameter fan for cooling 1000frame generators. The new design was 5% more efficient.
- Performed computational fluid dynamics simulations of the new fan design, and validated results with self-built in house wind tunnel
- Developed a web application to streamline the fan conceptual design and sizing engineering process
- Developed a web application to transition the FORTRAN based user interface of electric motor design software
As a project lead working on new product developments in electric motors solutions:
- Worked with customers, sales team, product managers and engineers to solve pending product issues by seeing through pending engineering/manufacturing problems
- Managed 9 simultaneous improvement projects
- Executed quality testing procedures to ensure reliability as per UA certification
As an energy auditor with the DOE-IAC:
- Recommended more than 350,000$ in energy and cost savings to more than 6 manufacturing companies in the state of Indiana
- Performed energy saving analysis on power, lighting, pneumatics, water, hydraulics, waste, and operational processes in manufacturing plants
- Redacted and edited energy auditing reports delivered to manufacturing clients
As a teaching and research assistant in the lab:
- Research key words: Experimental combustion testing, hot jet ignition, aerospace, automation and data acquisition, plasma ignition, CNC machining, mass flow controllers.
- Teaching 300 students computer aided design (CAD) with Solidworks and ProE skills and 3D printing.
As the COO of Randaplast:
- Grew the factory production capacity by a factor of 6 from 60 tons to 360 tons a year
- Launched plastic colorant trading business unit in partnership with Chinese suppliers
As the plant manager of SCCI:
- Managed $40 million of plant production output per year with a team of 56 employees
- Oversaw predictive and preventive maintenance and quality control programs
List of interesting projects accumulated over the years.